Staff Software Engineers are members of our product teams, responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting common features. Working side-by-side with Product Owners, Software Test Engineers, and Business Stakeholders, they are actively involved in the complete software development life cycle in an agile environment including technical design, hands-on coding, unit testing, integration testing, performance tuning, maintenance, test automation, deploys and upgrades.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Engineering is the function that applies principles and techniques of engineering, mathematics, and computer/data science to the design, development, and testing of applications. The Product & Technology engineering family consists of software development, testing, database, devops, virtualization & network.
- Enthusiastic about developing the best software available and providing the ultimate customer experience
- An advocate for continuous improvement of our software development process
- Interested in staying current by applying new technologies
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a willingness to share your ideas
- Able to work independently on modules and complete tasks with high quality and contribute to high velocity, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Excited to work on cutting-edge technology
- Optimize beyond just the team by driving cross-team initiatives
- Play a key role in mediating team level technical disagreements driving toward a unified decision forward
- Establish and gain team alignment for best practices and a healthy balance of tech debt versus delivery
- Actively mentor or coach team members
- Design software with multiple components interacting across systems
- Provide feedback on team designs by asking probing, insightful questions that solidify choices
- Solicit and provide feedback via decision-making frameworks for proposed changes from across the organization
- Push the team to continuously improve their knowledge, technical skill, and velocity
- Own the overall health and engineering quality of a team by ensuring appropriate testing, monitoring, observability, and accountability are in place
- Be a strong leader of a team
- Must be adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn
- Must have a strong sense of curiosity
- Must commit to their role and take responsibility for their tasks
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile and team environment
- Must be effective and creative in problem solving
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science, engineering, technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Must have 2+ years of professional experience as a Senior Software Engineer or equivalent and 5-8 years of hands-on experience with full-stack web development and in designing and developing large-scale enterprise level applications.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design proficiency in multiple .NET Frameworks including .NET Core.
- Proficiency in C#, ASP .NET, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server.
- Strong experience with the core AWS services and how to leverage the cloud for scalability and performance.
- AWS cloud practitioner certification is a plus.
- Should be well-versed with Software architecture patterns and developer tools.
- Proven experience in mentoring, coaching, performing code reviews and fostering a learning environment.
- Broad set of technical skills with demonstrated learning agility and intellectual curiosity.
- Must be able to work effectively in an agile environment.
- Has a proven track record in solving architectural problems.