Do you have a passion for learning and applying modern software engineering
practices? Are you excited to use these practices to deliver and manage mission critical services at scale? Are you a quick thinker? If so, please read on.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The CIO Hybrid cloud platform team is seeking Full-Stack Engineers to helps us grow, maintain, and support our multi-tenant application platform built on OpenShift.
Do you have a broad range of experience across application and systems development? Would you like to help us create the next generation of scalable distributed systems at IBM? We’re a team of passionate engineers who are working to build a developer
-facing platform that enables fast, reliable, and reproducible patterns for running resilient application workloads at the global scale that IBM needs. If this sounds exciting, you should apply!
What you'll do:
- Interpret business needs and refine into contained, deliverable, and valuable features
- Work with architects and other engineers to lay out technical plans
- Work in an agile environment to iterate and improve the technical stability and overall user experience of the platform
- Contribute to large scale front end applications
- Contribute to large scale microservice layers
- Contribute to and follow code patterns and guidelines to ensure consistency across teams
- Leverage public cloud service
Most of our teams are in Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Boston Metro, MA; New York, NY; Raleigh, NC; Armonk, NY; and Southbury, CT. However, since the nature of our work is hybrid, we welcome applications from other locations.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2+ years as a full-stack engineer
- Fluency in modern web frameworks (like React.js, Vue.js, Angular.js etc. – we use React.js)
- Fluency in any modern programming language - we use Go, Node.js
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts across teams
- Experience in microservice architecture, cloud native development
- Familiarity with databases (SQL/NoSQL)
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design
to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering
the systems that run the business
, and innovating to transform the business
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19
vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express
your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science
, we can improve business
, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology
and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence
, quantum computing and blockchain
. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology
innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance
, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran
status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.