To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, educated and supported by the people you work with and by the community around you. We are currently seeking a Software Development Manager:
this role is integral to the Technology team and the ability to deliver enterprise class solutions that support TPT and impact our community. This role is responsible for overseeing the team, leading the strategy of development, partnering with leadership on needs and owning the outcome of development work. We are seeking a leader who will embrace a product management culture and promote agile processes, which will enable new workflows and culture change for TPT. ** Starting Salary: $120K to $130K depending on qualifications
**HYBRID workplace Major areas of responsibility:
Strategic Development Leadership (50% of time)
- Partner with business unit leadership, acting as single point of contact for all software development services.
- Responsible to prioritize and deliver technology solutions to meet business outcomes and enhanced capabilities.
- Serve as a thought leader at TPT regarding software development by actively educating staff within the organization about product concepts, digital trends and other innovations
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regularly and clearly to facilitate workflow, project planning and execution.
- Define an innovative and efficient technology roadmap for platforms that optimally balance “what is possible” versus “what is practical” to support TPT’s growth, drive productivity improvements and create an industry-leading customer experience
Team Management (25% of time)
- Leads, mentors, inspires, and develops Technology team:
- Inspires and motivates exceptional performance,
- clearly communicates expectations,
- ensures team members have all needed tools,
- evaluates team members’ effectiveness,
- supports professional development and performance management.
- Hires, trains, and evaluates new employees.
- Organizes workflow to accomplish established objectives, and delegates responsibilities sometimes through others.
Software Development (25% of time)
- Architect technical solutions for complex systems, while taking into account business requirements, integration points, infrastructure factors and security interests.
- Develop WordPress plugins and applications
- Design and run containerized applications and microservices in AWS using Docker, ECS, and ECR.
- Work through complex problems that involve many systems and integrations.
Other Duties as Assigned (5% of time)
- Participate as an active member of the IT Team. Contribute to shared goals, innovation and collaborate with colleagues on achievement of priorities.
- Complete other projects & tasks as assigned.
- 3+ years leading a software development team
- 5+ years developing software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working knowledge of Atlassian JIRA
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Provide agile, scrum and product management skills
- Technical experience and thought leadership in the dot-com channel; (i.e. architecture, search, UX, A/B testing, automated testing, etc.).
- Financial planning including annual budget, forecasting and cost tracking, work estimation, project funding requests, platform total cost of ownership and team training.
- Demonstrated leadership managing software engineers and analysts thru teamwork, trust building, conflict resolution, verbal/written communication, audience orientation & problem solving
- Strong focus on audience and end user needs.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced, time sensitive production environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all team members.
- Self-starter; Team player, proactive, results oriented. Strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Commitment to advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) priorities within the organization.
We know that engaging, building trust, and making a difference relies on the collective wisdom and strength of a truly diverse organization. With this in mind, and as an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and strongly welcome candidates of all identities, lived experiences, orientations, and communities to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)