We are looking for a software engineering leader who is passionate about creating next-generation healthcare software solutions that will dramatically impact the lives of patients, clinicians, and caregivers. This person will have the opportunity to lead a team through early stages of product development, while contributing some code of their own and continuing to grow their own skill set. This role will be focused on helping to build Tendo’s Integration and transformation component; a critical component that sits between the Tendo applications, the EMR integration layer, and Health System EMRs.
The ideal candidate will have strong understanding and exposure to full stack SaaS and/or Cloud Native technology for a regulated industry. The Principal Software Engineer should enjoy working in a collaborative environment with product managers, designers, external partners, and other engineers to build a great product from the ground up, employing Agile practices and processes—including Test/Behavior Driven Development—to deliver quality code to completion. Sharing knowledge and mentoring members of a growing team will be key.
Make an impact—join our team!
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven company building a culture that enables teams and individuals to thrive. Led by an experienced and proven team, we live by our values and are always on the hunt for motivated people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help us improve the care journey for patients, clinicians, and caregivers by creating software that provides seamless, intuitive, and user-friendly experiences.
If you like working with innovative technologies and want to be part of a growing team that will help transform the healthcare experience, we encourage you to apply today!
Tendo has hubs in San Francisco, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Philadelphia, PA; and we are currently building out a hub in San Diego. This position is currently remote so candidates may be located in any one of our four hub locations. Responsibilities
- Lead a team of engineers responsible for architecting, building, documenting, testing, and debugging a large, enterprise platform with significant daily usage.
- Serve as technical owner and subject matter expert for one or more product areas.
- Collaborate closely with product owners and designers to understand user needs and lead the translation of wireframes into technical requirements and detailed architecture.
- Help lead Agile processes, including sprint planning, daily standups, demos, and retrospectives.
- Use various back-end languages (e.g., Go, Java) and frameworks (e.g., Node.js, Express) to produce, modify, and maintain APIs, microservices, event streams/queues, and similar.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and subject matter expertise to other development team members.
- Write infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework.
- Maintain relationships between various other teams to keep consistency in architectural decisions.
- Create technical documentation describing architecture decisions.
- Perform peer/code reviews on an ongoing basis to help ensure the team produces maintainable, performant, secure software.
- Write automated tests for all code, preferably using Test/Behavior Driven Development practices.
- Identify when new technologies/frameworks need to be added to the stack and lead/review evaluation of new technologies.
- Support and implement the latest standards in securing data to meet HIPAA requirements.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar major OR equivalent professional experience OR software development certification (including bootcamp).
- 7+ years of software engineering experience.
- 2+ years in a team lead role, using Agile practices/processes.
- Proficient in object oriented design patterns.
- 2+ years experience developing Cloud Native applications/products on AWS, Azure, or GCP (AWS preferred) OR professional experience with Go/GoLang, Java, or C# (Go preferred).
- Experience with modern version control systems (e.g., Git) and tools (e.g., Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab).
- Proficient in designing and deploying RESTful APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate development approaches and plans within and across teams.
- Experience writing infrastructure as code using Serverless Framework.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and HL7 standards like FHIR.
- Experience with ORMs (Ent preferred).
- Experience with query languages (GraphQL preferred).
- Experience with RPC frameworks such as gRPC.
- Experience with event streaming frameworks (EventBridge preferred).
- AWS certification(s).
Tendo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time