Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people's lives, and we want to help make it better.
We're committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You'll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We're backed by top investors like Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel and Y Combinator. You'll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We're growing quickly and are building something big together. We'd love to hear from you!
About the Role
What You'll Do
As a Full Stack Engineer at Mux, you will build and manage scalable and highly available applications and services that can reliably support our products' feature development and growing traffic. The Platform Experience team is focused on providing a consistent, effective platform experience for developers while maximizing cross-product efficiency for both customers and internal teams. You will work on ensuring our platform is resilient, and will also be writing new application code to support product features. We're looking for engineers that love both systems and application-level challenges across various teams, who will take on strong ownership of critical product infrastructure and enjoy being part of an inclusive and creative Engineering team.
Who You Are
- Work with your team to collaborate and execute on product goals and technical roadmap.
- Develop user-facing, product-focused features in our React/Redux frontend and Elixir web API.
- Working on Identity and Account Management product features.
- Doing a lot of work around authentication, authorization, and maturing our product security.
- Building and scaling a payments platform that supports all Mux products.
- Work across teams to develop a unified approach and development workflow for shared codebases
- We are hiring mid to staff-level engineers.
- You're a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus).
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Experience building REST APIs that people enjoy using. Elixir experience a big plus, but Go, Python, Ruby, Node, or other general-purpose programming languages are also great.
- Experience deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Video experience is a plus but not required.
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO with 2-week minimum + 11 company holidays
- Weekly no-meeting days + quarterly focus weeks
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care, and commuter benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness & accident insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical support concierge service
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Continued education stipend
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVoD services of Mux customers
- Lunch reimbursement program
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That's why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.