Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
THE OPPORTUNITY About the Role
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere (Time Zone: GMT/WET | Full day overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $65 – $75/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Our client is looking for exceptional engineers with a deep desire to do truly pioneering work! If you're excited about creating globally impactful technologies, shipping fast, working with an incredible team, and pushing forward what's possible, then come join us! Responsibilities
- Create delightful user interfaces that are easy to use, responsive, performant, and reliable using tools like React and GraphQL.
- Build out battle-ready and well-tested front-end and back-end systems at speed.
- Manage backend infrastructure and ensure security, availability, and scalability.
- As we scale, grow into a role as a team manager and culture builder.
- Most importantly, help build and shape the future of global co-ordination!!
Nice to Haves
- Ability to think through the complete architecture of a solution, especially in an environment of uncertainty.
- Ideally 4+ years of experience developing scalable and performant web applications with a lot of experience across the stack.
- Experience with core front-end technologies, including: React, React Hooks, Redux, ES6+, TypeScript, HTML5, CSS
- Experience with NodeJS, Express, NextJS, or similar
- Experience working with SQL and no-SQL databases, e.g. Firebase, MySQL, Postgres
- Experience with DAOs, especially as a contributor or creator
- Demonstrable interest in web3
- Experience with the web3 frontend stack (ethers.js/web3.js, private key management, etc.)
- Exceptional academics
- Experience working on open-source projects or contributing to stack exchange
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we'd welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.