About Us Opportunity
UJET is reimagining the contact center for modern consumers and brands. Our one-of-a-kind architecture delivers an entirely new foundation for security, reliability, and scale across customer service operations. A full voice and digital engagement suite is complemented by powerful AI and advanced analytics capabilities, and easy-to-use, intuitive design to make life easier for everyone involved - from customers and agents to supervisors and executives - all while driving meaningful operational efficiencies. Smart device capabilities like channel blending, photo and video sharing, and biometric authentication are available to deploy for full CX transformation when you're ready. Innovative brands like Instacart, Turo, Wag!, and Atom Tickets trust UJET to deliver exceptional CX, no matter their size or location. Learn more at www.ujet.cx.
UJET is searching for a Lead Software Engineer (Frontend) to join our growing team! The ideal candidate is someone who has experience shipping products and is meticulous with code style and quality, with the ability to own end-to-end architecture. Responsibilities
- You are expected to write clean and solid code that interacts with our other services and components.
- Be a collaborative team player who can lead Frontend services with high availability, low latency, and auto scalability
- Facilitate collaboration between engineers, product owners, and designers
- Possess a deep understanding of the product and business goals which translate into technical design documents
- Mentor and develop junior software engineers
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate services that serve start-ups to enterprise clients
- Be a leader of the UJET Frontend developer community affecting and driving our architecture across the company
- Drive strong engineering practices within your team and define and teach these practices within the UJET developer community
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Find ways to spread learning across the organization (give internal talks, contribute to internal blogs, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years experience in software development with experience mentoring and developing junior engineers
- 5+ years experience leading teams of software engineers and engineering projects
- Working experience (including performance tuning and optimization) around a breadth of data stores including MySQL, NoSQL, Redis or Elasticsearch
- Efficiency in software best practice and tools like Git, Docker, CI, 12factor, etc
- Previous experience in designing and scaling microservice architecture
- Capable of writing optimal code in at least one stack (Java, Go, Ruby, Python)
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally, in a fast-paced start-up environment
UJET is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit. (Thanks CultureAmp who came up with this statement - it's too good and too important to not repeat).
Security, data protection and compliance (SDPC) are paramount to the success of our partnerships. All roles at UJET require compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and acceptance and adherence to all policies and standards within UJET. Personnel acknowledges they are personally responsible for reporting any suspected violations or abuse and are required to complete SDPC training and fulfill role-specific SDPC responsibilities.
In addition to our great team and disruptive technology, we offer our teammates a competitive compensation and benefits package, work/life balance, unlimited vacation, stock options, monthly game nights, and more!