- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of development experience in designing and building large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software systems
- Experience with Java or C++ / C# coupled with strong base in OOD, SOA and data modeling skills
- Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
- Self-starter, quick learner and passionate problem resolver
- Experience supporting large-scale high-availability systems in a production environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
- Practical experience with software engineering best-practices and a strong desire to create quality solutions and designs
Not many teams aspire to zero. Welcome to the Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team (WWRR&S) at Amazon.com.
WWRR&S is an agile, innovative organization dedicated to ‘making zero happen’ to benefit our customers, our company, and the environment. Our goal is to achieve the three zeroes: zero cost of returns, zero waste, and zero defects. We do this by developing groundbreaking products and driving truly innovative operational excellence to help customers keep what they buy, recover returned and damaged product value, keep thousands of tons of waste from landfills, and create the best customer returns experience in the world. We have an eye to the future – we create long-term value at Amazon by focusing not just on the bottom line, but on the planet. We are building the most sustainable re-use channel we can by driving multiple aspects of the Circular Economy for Amazon - Returns, ReCommerce, and Sustainability
Amazon WWRR&S is comprised of business, product, operational, program, software engineering and data teams that manage the life of a returned or damaged product from a customer to the warehouse and on to its next best use. Our work is broad and deep: we train machine learning models to automate routing and find signals to optimize re-use; we invent new channels to give products a second life; we develop highly respected product support to help customers love what they buy; we pilot smarter product evaluations; we work from the customer backward to find ways to make the return experience remarkably delightful and easy; and we do it all while scrutinizing our business with laser focus.
In this role, you would be joining as software engineer as a key member of the Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability Team. Joining this team gives you the opportunity to step into a leadership role, define and develop highly scalable and high performance web services. You will have opportunities to work on predominantly backend (Services) and some frontend (Website) components and interact with business stakeholders directly.
We are a group that has fun at work while driving incredible customer, business, and environmental impact. We are backed by a strong leadership group dedicated to operational excellence that empowers a reasonable work-life balance. As an established, experienced team, we offer the scope and support needed for substantial career growth.
Amazon is earth’s most customer-centric company and through WW R&R, the earth is our customer too. Come join us and innovate with the Amazon Worldwide Returns, ReCommerce & Sustainability team!
- Technical leadership experience in building complex software systems from scoping requirements to actual launch
- Proficiency with at least one of these scripting languages: Perl / Python / Ruby / shell script
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems
- Experience working with NoSQL systems and Cloud/AWS technologies
- Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records