Location: Hybrid - should reside in the San Jose area and would work from the office some days and from home some days.
Are you passionate about stopping cyber-crime? Are you up to the challenge of building tools to find malware-sized “needles” in terabyte-sized “haystacks”?
Come join the cybersecurity experts in Cisco’s Talos team as we develop security and threat detection applications that are faster, more scalable, and better able to handle emerging security threats than any of our competitors.
Today’s IT organizations need security products that leverage leading threat intelligence to effectively safeguard their extended networks. Talos has the world’s largest private cybersecurity research organization comprised of leading threat researchers supported by sophisticated systems. We see new and emerging threats well before our competitors do, and we have to develop new techniques to defend our customers against these threats. For news about our organization, check out the Talos Blog.
As a member of the Talos Backend Development team, you will be building the tools, services, and systems to leverage Talos’ industry leading threat intelligence and deliver effective protection to our customers from web and email threats on their networks, endpoints, mobile devices, and virtual systems.
- 4+ years of software development and delivery, with experience in application programming, cloud deployments, networking, and performance optimization.
- You’re experienced and familiar with the software development life cycle, from concept to implementation, and testing.
- You have a proven track record of delivering high-performing, maintainable, enterprise-quality software on schedule.
- Passionate about security.
Role & Responsibilities
- Working in a DevOps software engineering team with Dev, QA, Ops engineers, you will be a hands-on development engineer who designs, develops, and administers cutting-edge security products.
- You will contribute to the design and architecture of next generation email security backend systems.
- Collaborate with teams across the globe to integrate our products into the larger Cisco portfolio, strengthening the entire Cisco product offering.
- Help to ensure that each of our internal products complies with strict security standards (threat modeling, vulnerability analysis, etc.).
Technical Qualifications & Experience
- Strong programming skills. Golang experience strongly desired.
- Experience in any of these could fit - Python, C/C++, Scala, Java
- Strong in Linux/FreeBSD environments
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Kubernetes and Docker experience a big plus
- Email and Web security experience a big plus
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban development
- At least a BS in a technical field (CS/CE ideal). MS degree is a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people. Our People Are The Heart of Cisco.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better. We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We see inclusion and diversity as essential to fueling the power of connection. Learn about inclusion and collaboration in action at Cisco. Diversity, Inclusion and Collaboration at Cisco.
Benefits and Perks
We strive to keep our teams happy and healthy. Many roles have the option to be Remote or Hybrid. Cisco provides competitive pay, excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) match, 20 days of paid time off plus holidays, support for parents and paid time to volunteer. View the benefits overview. Benefits and Perks - Cisco.
Join us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.