About the Company:
Headquartered in Santa Ana California, Veros (www.veros.com) is a growing technology company that develops, operates and maintains custom software and business analytic solutions for the financial services industry. We are looking for a self-motivated, independent person to play a critical role, supporting the company’s end user technology needs.
Recognized as a Great Place to Work in 2021, Veros offers a unique opportunity that encourages creativity and professional growth along with a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and more. Great opportunity for the right person.
Position Summary: *
Veros is looking for an experienced, full stack, Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team. As a full stack, senior software engineer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of Veros products and services. Additionally, the candidate will contribute to the quality and successful delivery of the products through adherence to software engineering principles and best practices. This position requires the ability to work independently, while collaborating as a member of an Agile team, where trust and integrity are key to successful delivery of quality software.
Principal Responsibilities: *
- Design, develop, modify, test, and maintain Veros applications and services
- Assist the Engineering Manager and Team Leads in transforming and maintaining a high-integrity, agile engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach software engineers, allowing for skill/knowledge development of peers
- Provide implementation oversight and guidance on software projects to ensure consistency and quality of design and code
- Identify gaps and opportunities in software applications and provide in-depth evaluation and analysis to complex technical challenges
- Participate in code reviews, contribute expertise on DevOps practices, and champion continuous improvement
- Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management
Qualifications and Requirements: *
- B.S. degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering
- 8 years in software development, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, testing, and maintenance.
- 5 years of web application development utilizing Microsoft technologies (ASP.NET, C#.NET)
- Comprehensive, working knowledge of object-oriented programming, design patterns, practices and procedures in professional software development
- Experience developing and integrating web services and APIs (SOAP / REST)
- Experience designing, building, and testing microservices
- Working knowledge of database technologies and development (preferably Oracle and PL/SQL)
- Experience with Git and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in and aiding a transitional development environment (Waterfall > Agile)
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, managed services, cloud deployments, and containers (Docker/Kubernetes) desirable
Veros is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status._
Job Type: Full-time