Bitwarden promotes better internet security and safety with an open source password management solution for individuals, teams, and business organizations.
As a Front-End Software Engineer at Bitwarden, you will contribute directly to the future of the Bitwarden product while working with a great team and amazing open source community. We're looking for someone who can take ownership of delivering valuable features throughout the entire development lifecycle and play a direct role in shaping our product and team.
This is an all-remote team and US time zones are preferred. We do not offer visa sponsorship at this time.
- Become an expert and authority on the Bitwarden client codebase, including our web front end, browser extensions, and desktop application
- Participate in ongoing development of the Bitwarden clients
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge
- Occasionally contribute bug fixes submitted by the user community
WHAT YOU BRING TO BITWARDEN
- Experience designing and developing Angular applications
- Experience with reactive programming using RxJS or similar libraries
- Familiarity with Tailwind CSS
- Understanding of browser extension development
- Proficiency using source control such as Git, SVN, Subversion, TFS, etc.
- Collaborative and adaptable mindset
- Openness and authenticity combined with excellent communication skills
- Excitement and enthusiasm for helping customers solve security and password challenges
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you might not know all the answers but you know how to find and communicate the solution
- User of Bitwarden
- Startup experience
- Open source experience
- Mobile apps experience
- Experience in Node.js and electron
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call and then progress through the following stages:
- Introduction with People Ops
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview/s with team members
- Interview with CEO
Successful candidates will be asked to authorize and complete a background check. We do not discriminate based on having a criminal record and we encourage candidates to be open with us about anything that may come up on the report so we can discuss in advance and determine the impact on the role and company.
A FEW REASONS TO WORK WITH US
- Our user community loves us and we love them. Come to work each day with a sense of
- purpose as we bring a more secure internet experience to everyone from our friends and family to the world's largest organizations.
- Become an expert. You'll get immersed in the prominent technology markets of security and open source software.
- We are dedicated to building an incredible team. Work remotely with motivated and innovative team members and take part in productive and fun meetups.
- Learn and grow. Take on new challenges with the support of your team.
We recognize and understand that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for the position, you should still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
A note to outside sourcers: We do not accept solicitations from recruiters, recruiting agencies, headhunters, or outsourcing organizations. Please remove us from all such contact lists.