Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
What You’ll Do
AppFolio is hiring a Senior Salesforce.com Developer who will join our Business Systems team to drive automation of processes and manage the integrations to our various business systems for our Salesforce.com (SFDC) environment. SFDC is our system of record and is heavily used by internal teams. This is a hands-on role that provides oversight as well as the ability to perform at all points of the software development lifecycle and includes technical design/development, configuration, maintenance, administration, and integration with other databases/systems.
The successful candidate must be able to work directly with the system/data, lead multiple technical projects or portions at one time, as well as provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, and easy to maintain on the Force.com platform, while being frugal with system resources and keeping the overall end-user experience in mind. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for developing in Mulesoft, Lightning Aura Components, Lightning Web Components, Visualforce, Apex, Java, and other technologies to build customized solutions that support business requirements and drive key business decisions
- Technical leadership, setting best practices including integration and application development, deployment, testing (unit and systems), and iterative refinement
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity and make recommendations to support an organization that is scaling at a rapid pace
- Responsible for technical leadership and designing technology solutions for solving business problems, including directing development/testing activities to ensure high-quality technical standards.
- Act as a technical leader, driving problem definition, analysis, solution conceptualization, design, development, and implementation including authoring related documents such as technical specifications and detailed design documents.
- Creates and maintains a Salesforce strategy and roadmap across the enterprise.
- Manages and administers Salesforce and its related integration touch points.
- Actively participates and drives the full life cycle development process for new business initiatives as they relate to core business applications and working on independently assigned objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with external and internal IT partners.
- Able to write technical specifications based on functional business requirements and work with business users at all levels.
- BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years experience Salesforce in a development role in an enterprise scale environment.
- MuleSoft Certified Developer (MCD) certification required, MuleSoft Certified Integration Architect (MCIA) or MuleSoft Certified Platform Architect (MCPA) certifications desired.
- Salesforce DEV 401/Platform Developer 1 required, DEV 501/Platform Developer 2 and ADM 201/Salesforce Administrator 1 certifications highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of SFDC Integration components (eg, SFDC APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callouts, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders, etc.)
- Expert in algorithm design, object-oriented design patterns.
- Highly skilled in object-oriented programming, data modeling, software design, information analysis, debugging, and problem-solving.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and completion of complex SFDC CRM solutions.
- Experience with Service Cloud/Communities Portal
- Knowledge of Salesforce Integration Patterns, both batch and real-time, through multiple integration technologies.
- Experience with telephony and marketing automation a plus, but not required.
- Understands ETL and data migration principles.
- Skilled in working on a version control system like Git. Candidate should be an expert with either of Bitbucket, GitHub, GitLab or equivalent applications.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Able to effectively balance and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
To find out more about what AppFolio has to offer, check out appfolioinc.com/careers.