Visus is a growing boutique software development company that focuses on quality of solutions and deliverables. We excel at designing and developing complex websites and building bespoke web applications and system integrations using APIs. We are a leading Sitefinity CMS Certified Partner, Sitefinity MVP, and Microsoft Partner.
At Visus, we believe software is more than just an application or platform - it is a customer touchpoint, a revenue generator, a competitive advantage. Company to company, project to project, we help our clients reshape their company with web solutions that succeed in a digital-first world by focusing on enhancing customer experience and improving operational efficiency.
Our 4D process, innovative solutions, and problem-solving skills coupled with outstanding customer service continue to set Visus apart year after year.
To support our growth, we are seeking a Delivery Manager to join our team. The Delivery Manager will manage our delivery team of project managers and developers to deliver high-quality solutions on time and on budget while ensuring an outstanding client experience.
You will be joining a highly skilled team leveraging modern web technologies while working in a fast paced, collaborative work environment.
Your success along with the team’s will help expand our national reach while helping our existing clients’ own web initiatives. This position reports to the CEO, with regular reporting of projects, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), and team updates.
At Visus LLC, we have high standards for our work which is why we make sure our team members are well taken care of. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer medical, dental and vision insurance plans, PTO (Paid Time Off), matching 401(K), and a bonus day off for birthdays.
To be considered for this role, here are the skills and experience we are looking for:
- 4 years or more in a similar managerial role with direct client responsibilities.
- Proven ability managing developers and project managers.
- Excellent leadership skills coupled with team and client management skills.
- Self-sufficient and a self-starter.
- Positive attitude.
- Excellent communicator, empathetic, motivator and thinking ahead to ensure successful project deliveries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with clients at mid to large organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for delivering elegant solutions successfully.
- Sharp business acumen.
- Ability to anticipate issues with projects and/or team members and remove blockers before they become problematic.
- In depth knowledge of project management principles, software development practices, and tools such as JIRA, ProjectorPSA, MS Project, etc.
- Meet or exceed KPIs measured by quality of your contributions, delivery team's deliverables on budget and on schedule, client, and team feedback.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a related field.
- Bonus: Experience in a client support and advisory technical role (Solution architect, technical project manager or equivalent)
Oversee the day-to-day management of client deliverables including schedule, budget, solution, and quality of deliverables.
- Lead and manage the delivery team of Project Managers and Developers.
- Lead the team in delivering high quality solutions that exceed clients' expectations.
- Manage resource allocation and capacity planning.
- Implement best practices and continuous improvement.
- Participate in sales calls and discovery meetings to understand client requirements
- Collaborate with the development team and project managers to generate proposals.
- Evaluate development project estimates and identify risks.
- Maintain and build client loyalty through positive client relationships and check-ins.
- Step in and resolve escalated issues.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Strategize with management to develop new service areas for growth.
- Measure and report on the team’s contributions and improvements.
- Recruit and train new team members.
- Assign goals to the team and monitor progress.
- Ensure excellent delivery of services and projects.
- Mitigate risks by looking ahead.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Act as problem solver for the team
- As a Professional Services team, we have a culture of respect and collaboration. Please view Our Values to learn more.
- We begin each day with a daily huddle, starting with music shared from a collaborative playlist, followed by reviewing the prior day’s activities and current day’s project schedule.
- We end the huddles with a different theme each day, which team members participate in. Mondays are quote Mondays, followed by Trivia Tuesday, Wisdom Wednesday, and Tech Thursday. Fridays are all about Acknowledgements and Accomplishments where team members recognize each other’s efforts.
- We meet once a month in person at our Santa Barbara office for three days to collaborate and celebrate anniversaries and birthdays.
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunity within our company.
- A collaborative team environment where your ideas will have a positive impact.
- Competitive salary.
- PTO and a bonus day off for your birthday.
- Health insurance benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- 401K with company contributions.
- Team gatherings to celebrate company successes and foster team building.
It's an exciting time to join Visus and to work with a great team and a company that cares about its employees while delivering outstanding solutions.
This is a full-time hybrid position. Work is conducted during Pacific Standard Time business hours (8:30 AM PST - 5:30 PM PST).
If this role is not for you, please forward it to someone you know who you believe would be a great fit for this position.
You can learn more about Visus here:
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $120,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santa Barbara, CA 93111: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Santa Barbara, CA 93111