Shore Hotel - Engineer II (Overnight)
1515 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401, USA Req #230
Friday, July 23, 2021Starting pay is $26.11 per hour!$26.61 per hour upon successful completion of 90-day training period.Full-time employment benefits include:
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage options
- Life Insurance (employer sponsored)
We also provide all employees with: *
- Sick-Pay (up to 72 hours per calendar year)
- 401k plan option with employer match up to 5% of total eligible income
- On-site parking
- Public transportation cost reimbursement
- Alternative modes of transportation pay for walking, biking, or carpooling to work!
Non-Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Assistant Director of Engineering and/or the Director of Engineering
This position does not supervise anyone
Engineer II is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the physical building and all of its features including the day to day operation and maintenance routines. “Engineer II” will execute preventative maintenance, projects, and tasks assigned by their Supervisor. This position will perform moderate repairs as well as participate in some major repairs and improvements to the hotel in a safe, consistent, and professional manner. The Engineering Department will support the other operating departments with guest activities as needed.
- Possess basic knowledge to troubleshoot and repair a few of the following areas:
- Plumbing/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ HVAC/ Low Voltage/ Saflok/ Basic Computer Skills/Drywall/ Painting/ Wallpaper/ Pool & Spa Maintenance/ Guest Room & Common Area Preventive Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENTENCIES:
- Execute HOTSOS tickets within skillsets with little or no assistance or supervision.
- Participate and provide support with the execution of HOTSOS tickets and or CAPEX projects outside of skillsets with assistance and or supervision.
- Check and Calibrate Equipment and/or Instruments to make sure they are accurate and performing properly without assistance or supervision.
- Maintain accurate log records related to HOTSOS as well as department or area specific checklists.
- Fit new parts into existing systems with minimal down time.
- Attend and participate in all mandatory meetings.
- Assist with any projects or tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Respond immediately to equipment or system failures.
- Provide and relay to others accurate information as to the nature of the failure of equipment or system.
- Ability to suggest options to resolve failure of equipment or system.
- Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Perform as a team within the Engineering Department to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Perform as a team with other departments to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Represent yourself and the Engineering Department in a professional and positive manner.
- Comply and support Standard Operating Procedures as outlined in the SOP Binder
- Perform all tasks in a manner that promotes a professional and safe work environment.
- Report any unsafe acts, conditions, or accidents to their immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Resolve landscaping issues.
- 24/7 availability to cover work shifts and or emergencies.
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Honesty; has honest, direct, and factual communication and actions with internal and external customers.**
- Collaboration; proactive in building supporting, nurturing, and service-oriented relationships with employees; works collaboratively to resolve problems and enhance productivity; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Integrity & Loyalty; conducts self with high level of ethics and makes decisions with honest intentions that are in the best interest of the company and employees. Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with a high level of integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Humble; conducts self and treats all employees with respect; without arrogance, degradation, or coercion; treats all employees with equal regardless of position/status.
- Innovation; constantly searches for best practices in technology, services, and procedures. Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.**
- Analytical: Highly detail-oriented, proficient with managing, editing, analyzing large volumes of complex numerical data.
- Flexible; considers others point of view to find the best solution for customer and company; proven ability to be flexible and adapt to change; adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays.
- Problem Solving: Uses a professional, neutral/unbiased, and highly diplomatic inter-personal approach.
- Interpersonal: Customer focused and effective relationship-building skills; ability to effectively interact with all employee levels; frontline, Managers, Directors, Executives;
- Diversity: Strong commitment to diversity and equality in a company culture.
- Communication: Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to operate under pressure in a fast paced environment; able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Hotel, institutional, HVAC systems with a minimum of 3 years of experience
- Laundry equipment with minimum of 1 -2 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, life safety systems, preventative maintenance systems and all related engineering disciplines.
*WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL WORK DEMANDS:
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Regular and on-time attendance is critical.
- Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week.
- Ability to stand during shifts
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
Our post-offer background check process includes a background check (HireRight) and a drug-screen.
We participate in E-Verify.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time