TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace and we are on a mission to make car buying and selling easy, transparent and efficient. We work to empower consumers with data, and foster connections with our network of Certified Dealers who share our belief that truth, transparency and fairness are the foundation to a great experience. We forge partnerships to power car buying programs for some of America's most trusted brands. And we continually innovate to provide useful tools, research, market context and pricing transparency to help consumers feel empowered and confident all throughout their journey.
As consumers' priorities and shopping habits shifted, so did we. We are building a modern day marketplace and invite you to come join the TrueCar Crew. You can have a real & direct impact on our journey as we continue to evolve and revolutionize the car buying and selling experience. We are seeking talented individuals who are excited by our mission to revolutionize & elevate the car buying & selling experience.About the job:
- You will also be contributing unit tests for the code you write using tools like Cypress, Mocha or Jest.
What you'll need:
- Experience with modern version control system such as git or mercurial
- Solid grasp of software engineering fundamentals and their practical application
- Firm understanding of modern HTML/CSS
- Have delivered great technology quickly and understand how to ship in a fast-changing environment
- "Self-starter" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems
- Strong desire to learn and grow
Nice to have:
- Good communicator and team member
- Familiarity with Babel or TypeScript and ES6/2015+ features
- Experience using Ruby on Rails
- Experience deploying apps to AWS
- Well versed in Agile processes such as Continuous Integration and Deployment
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Automotive industry experience
Interested in TrueCar? Check out this video from our CTO, Elias Rokos
on why you should join!* Watch here!*
#LI-AA1Your TrueCar Experience
As a crew member, you'll be primarily based out of your home as a part of our Dynamic Workplace strategy. We provide additional benefits & perks to assist our crew members in having a sustainable home workstation including monthly credits for at-home food delivery, internet/mobile phone service coverage and furniture & equipment for your space.
You will receive excellent benefits that includes, but isn't limited to: 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental premium, 401k with contribution matching, equity for eligible roles, a wellness reimbursement program, a learning & development reimbursement program, and charitable contribution matching. We recognize that everyone needs an occasional recharge, so we offer a flexible PTO policy for exempt TrueCar Crew along with a generous PTO accrual policy for non-exempt TrueCar Crew, in addition to 11 company paid holidays and 1 floating holiday. In short, we care deeply about our crew members and build employee-centric programs that prove it.
At TrueCar, we believe in the power of diversity to build a deeper understanding of our consumers and partners and drive innovation in our products. We welcome a workforce that reflects all the diversity of car buying consumers. We encourage everyone interested in our company mission to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that is protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. In addition, TrueCar will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TrueCar does not accept unsolicited agency submissions.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
*** While this position is open to remote work through TrueCar's Dynamic Workplace initiative, applicants may not reside in Colorado. Colorado candidates will be required to relocate. ***
Job Type: Full-time