TrueCar is a leading automotive digital marketplace and we are on a mission to make car buying and selling easy, transparent and efficient. We work to empower consumers with data, and foster connections with our network of Certified Dealers who share our belief that truth, transparency and fairness are the foundation to a great experience. We forge partnerships to power car buying programs for some of America's most trusted brands. And we continually innovate to provide useful tools, research, market context and pricing transparency to help consumers feel empowered and confident all throughout their journey.
As consumers' priorities and shopping habits shifted, so did we. We are building a modern day marketplace and invite you to come join the TrueCar Crew. You can have a real & direct impact on our journey as we continue to evolve and revolutionize the car buying and selling experience. We are seeking talented individuals who are excited by our mission to revolutionize & elevate the car buying & selling experience.About the job:
The Software Engineers serves at the expert building the technology used to power our frontend applications and APIs. We're lucky enough to have an amazingly great (and fun) team and are smart enough to know that only by keeping our team's DNA at the top of the chart can we continue to grow into the industry disrupting company we feel destined to be.What you'll do:
- Possess a burning internal goal of creating cutting-edge product
- Will leave your ego at the door and thrive in healthy debate
- Have passionate integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance
- Can work productively together with and learn from other top-level players
What you'll need:
- Are a world-class developer looking for the right team & opportunity to really make an impact
- Experience using Ruby and Rails in production
- Deep understanding of RESTful API design
- Well versed in Agile processes such as Continuous Integration
- Experience using a relational database system (we use Postgres)
- Firm understanding of modern HTML/CSS
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Have delivered great technology quickly and understand how to ship in a fast-changing environment
Nice to Haves:
- Good communicator and team member
- Development Experience on Linux and/or OSX
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Automotive industry experience
Interested in TrueCar? Check out this video from our CTO, Elias Rokos
on why you should join!* Watch here!*Your TrueCar Experience
As a crew member, you'll be primarily based out of your home as a part of our Dynamic Workplace strategy. We provide additional benefits & perks to assist our crew members in having a sustainable home workstation including monthly credits for at-home food delivery, internet/mobile phone service coverage and furniture & equipment for your space.
You will receive excellent benefits that includes, but isn't limited to: 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental premium, 401k with contribution matching, equity for eligible roles, a wellness reimbursement program, a learning & development reimbursement program, and charitable contribution matching. We recognize that everyone needs an occasional recharge, so we offer a flexible PTO policy for exempt TrueCar Crew along with a generous PTO accrual policy for non-exempt TrueCar Crew, in addition to 11 company paid holidays and 1 floating holiday. In short, we care deeply about our crew members and build employee-centric programs that prove it.
At TrueCar, we believe in the power of diversity to build a deeper understanding of our consumers and partners and drive innovation in our products. We welcome a workforce that reflects all the diversity of car buying consumers. We encourage everyone interested in our company mission to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that is protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. In addition, TrueCar will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TrueCar does not accept unsolicited agency submissions.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
*** While this position is open to remote work through TrueCar's Dynamic Workplace initiative, applicants may not reside in Colorado. Colorado candidates will be required to relocate. ***
Job Type: Full-time