- Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
- Experience developing front-end software, with good knowledge of one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Webcomponents, etc.)
- Understanding of in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support), and how to make graceful fallbacks
- Experience leading front end teams with mixed skillsets (designers and front end engineers)
- Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience managing people and/or technical programs
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer or web development engineer
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Amazon’s Sustainability Technologies Sustainability Experiences team is looking for a talented Front End Engineering Manager to build sustainability-focused front end software systems for customers, Amazon operations, and the Earth.
Amazon’s Worldwide Sustainability is changing the way the retail industry does business, by applying science-based research and modeling to environmental issues at the core of Amazon. Sustainability Experiences brings this science to Amazon teams and customers at scale by advising, contributing to, and building front end experiences which touch every step of the customer journey.
As a Front End Engineering Manager you will manage a team of highly skilled UX designers, software developers, and front-end engineers to invent, design, and build high availability and low latency software experiences that delight customers. You will work with product and business teams across sustainability and Amazon to build a continuous roadmap of UX research, experimentation, and feature work that brings sustainability to our customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
- Experience managing large-scale customer-facing software systems
- Experience applying UX design patterns, building UX frameworks/SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance.
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Ability to lead a project from scoping requirements through project launch
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable customer experiences