- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Job summary The Promotions Platform team in Amazon owns the customer experience for point of sale promotions for all of Amazon customers. We process nearly everything that results in a discount on any order made at any Amazon site. Every week we solve exciting technical problems relating to the massive scale of our processes, and partner with worldwide business teams on promotional initiatives. As part of the Promotions Platform team, you will interact with both business and technical stakeholders, make critical decisions on behalf of our customers and implement innovative solutions that will handle millions of transactions per second reaching billions of our customers across the globe. We look forward to hear from you if you see yourself motivated and part of this team. By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences. Amazon does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us Key job responsibilities Write software that processes every item purchased at Amazon Work with business teams to build lasting, global solutions Enable innovative promotional campaigns Primary language is Java, some C++ About the team Engineers with a healthy work-life balance produce the best work. Please feel free to request candid conversations with existing engineers as part of the interview process.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.