Varis is a well-funded and fast-growing technology startup. Our incredible team includes top industry leaders with decades of experience. We are innovation driven, customer centric, and ready to transform eProcurement. Our culture is focused on bold vision, launching the simplest (yet still valuable) initial solution to learn, then either failing or scaling fast. We seek teammates who drive value creation, are great problem solvers, have strong interpersonal savvy, and can successfully learn on the fly! Joining us now is a ground-floor opportunity to shape our limitless future. On our team you will: see and feel the direct impact of your work; be surrounded by passionate people; learn how to be an entrepreneur; and be at the center of a highly dynamic business model with tremendous individual and collective potential.
This is a 100% fully remote role. Work virtually from anywhere in the U.S.
As a Sr. Front-End Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will be an integral team member of our innovative Product & Technology organization, contributing greatly to this pivotal transformation in the B2B space.
What You’ll Do
The role of Sr. Front-End SDE is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the team of lead developers, product owners, technical program managers and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs As a front-end developer in the digital organization, you will be creating Varis’s next-generation of technology leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-front ends in a containerized / Kubernetes environment.
- Create new features or parts of internal/user facing applications, with the end user in mind, providing for the best customer experience
- Develop components and libraries that are reusable and future-proof
- Confident in using UI/UX designs or wireframes to create the respective code and the application for multiple browsers
- Uses knowledge on React.js and its lifecycle to maximize components performance across different devices and browsers
- Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Varis team
Education & Experience
- Level of Formal Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Area of Study: Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a related field
- Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of React.js and its fundamentals, including modern features like hooks; hands-on experience required
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS/SCSS, and able to create responsive UI
- Experience with widely used React.js state managers like Redux
- Knowledge of modern ECMAScript
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of the overall browser rendering behavior and measuring and optimizing performance
- Knowledge of building front-ends for multiple browsers and their limitations
- Strong hands-on experience with source code management system Git
- Experience in an agile work environment
- Hands on experience with Unit Testing tools like jest, enzyme, mocha and chai
- Knowledge of StoryBookJS is a plus
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Strong communicator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all required responsibilities and skills. Other duties and special projects may be assigned per business needs. Job descriptions are subject to change at any time with or without notice. Varis is wholly owned by The ODP Corporation, which is the legal employer of Varis associates. ODP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.