- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn’t exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
Amazon is growing, and we need SysDEs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SysDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SysDEs can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations; Amazon Web Services, e-commerce Services, Kindle, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies and Retail.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
- Maintain and Deploy pipelines across all AWS regions.
- Develop and Deploy CI/CD pipelines
- Automate manual tasks to reduce operational overhead
A day in the life
Our team is building solutions to improve the communication between operations teams and service teams. We work closely with Amazon Dedicated Cloud Operations teams to understand their pain points and work to make their lives easier. As an SysDE II on this team, you will help us design and implement systems to empower service teams and operations teams to define their working relationships in code.
About the team
The LightCycle team supports service teams across all Commerce Platform pillars owning multiple services. The team is building services and mechanisms to improve build process and improve parity in ADC regions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or four years of equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in Software Development, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering
- 3+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
- 3+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- 2+ years of experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.