ACTIVE TS/SCI REQUIRED. CI POLY IS PREFERRED
Looking for an Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE). Will perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements. The candidate should understand distributed architectures and cloud-based systems for big data applications. Must have the ability to create, review and edit authorization documentation for completeness and accuracy in accordance with federal and DoD policy. Experience implementing DoD system accreditation processes (DIACAP acceptable and RMF preferred). Candidate should have experience assessing use case and operational risk of integrated open source, and GOTS/COTS software components. Candidate will use vulnerability management systems, automated security scanning tools, and system accreditation record systems.
Candidate must be able to grasp new concepts, facilitate information exchanges for data gathering, and collaborate with diverse audiences. Must follow established processes where applicable and establish and execute defensible processes where none are prescribed. Must be able to interact well with others to complete work.
Candidate will provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management support. Will also recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements and guide the development team in meeting the security posture requirements. Will also support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures. Must apply existing knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- A current TS/SCI level U.S. Government clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. A candidate with a current Top Secret (TS/SCI) level clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Poly can also possibly be considered).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, etc.). Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 10+ years of experience as an ISSE with large multi-tiered programs.
- Experience implementing DoD system accreditation processes (DIACAP acceptable and RMF preferred).
- A working knowledge of TCP/IP suite of protocols and services, computer architectures, and network topologies is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level II (SSCP, Security+, CCNA-Security, or GSEC certification)
- Experience with DISA STIGs and SRGs, vulnerability management systems, mitigation and compliance processes, and reviewing results from automated security scanning tools.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team is needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,281.00 - $185,419.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you a U.S. Citizen?
- What is the salary you are looking for?
- eMass: 10 years (Preferred)
- Cybersecurity: 10 years (Preferred)
- Information security: 10 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations