It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a back-end
Sr. Software Engineer
on the Digital Risk and Compliance team, you will be focused on the back-end
systems that power our industry leading products focused on Social, Mobile and Web security and compliance. These highly sophisticated systems are responsible for protecting the social channels of some of the largest brands in the world, as well as monitoring the mobile and web presences of many of those same brands.
You will be responsible for fixing bugs and developing tools within our back-end
infrastructure. You will also be contributing to new features as you grow into our team and become a core contributor.
- Designing and developing new features as we add to our industry-leading solutions.
- Investigating issues and developing fixes where appropriate.
- Working within the engineering team as a whole to understand our system and help build for scale.
- Building out tooling to help monitor our production systems to look for issues before they become serious.
- Working with support team to help and resolve customer issues.
What you bring to the team
When it comes to hiring, we value attitude and aptitude over number of years of experience with any specific tool or technology
. We assume you know how to code; we’re much more interested in how you design
and deliver. Having said that, we are generally looking for the following skills and experience.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience delivering code into production cloud applications in a team environment
- Production experience with at least one interpreted language like Ruby, Perl, PHP or Python
- Production experience with Golang or Java
- Understanding of MySQL and relational databases
- Solid understanding of the architecture of database-backed web applications, including web process architectures, threading, ORMs
- Understanding of system administration in a Linux, Apache, MySQL environment
- AWS or similar cloud infrastructure experience
- Hands on experience with enterprise-class product development: comfort with process and tools including bug tracking, IDE’s, compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, code coverage tools, automated testing tools, usability
- Intrinsic motivation: you fix things because they are broken and need fixing
- An innate desire to work on difficult problems and learn new systems
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
If you are a Colorado Resident:
Proofpoint carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary.
The hiring range for this position is typically:
125,250.00 - 167,000.00 USD
Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position.
Additional benefits for this position can be found at
This statement is being provided in accordance with the Colorado Pay and Benefit Disclosure requirements of sb19-968.