At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare’s hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere—we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture—our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build secure, scalable, Python-based IoMT connectivity applications / modules using bi-directional protocols
- Build secure applications to perform real time interactions with the on-customer site networked systems
- Develop applications for interfacing with distributed business applications
- Define the technical approach for product features, optimizing for speed, performance, effectiveness, and reliability
- Support DevOps, QA, Cyber security teams for product releases
Develop and influence designs/plans across multiple partner engineering teams
Required Skills & Experience:
- Educational background of Computer Engineering or related program (MS degree preferred)
- Minimum 8 years of software development experience or proven competency developing and supporting Backend applications predominantly in Python
- Strong working knowledge on relational database like SQL server
- Experience implementing various pub/sub and streaming designs using message queues
- Expertise in asynchronous programming, coroutines and asynchronous I/O frameworks (asyncio, twisted, autobahn)
- Advanced problem-solving ability and decision-making skills. Proven ability to develop and present to all levels within the company
- OS native application development
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working in a collaborative / team-based approach
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Linux administration familiarity
- Hands-on experience in writing SQL Stored procedures
- AWS or other cloud-based deployment experience is a plus
Good to have Skills & Experience:
WebSocket, WAMP (Web Application Messaging Protocol)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.