As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering team, you'll play a big part in designing the platforms, servers, and networks that make it possible for us to provide service to our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe each and every day. In this role, you'll call on your experience designing tailored solutions to understand the requirements of a project, test the performance of the infrastructure, and verify that the requirements have been successfully met. As a team, you and your peers will be responsible for driving results, collecting and analyzing monitoring data in test and production, and managing projects to completion. And while you'll be part of a tight-knit team of engineers who share your passion for technology, you'll also gain access to the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important technology firms in the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Hardware Benchmarking (program management, network management), Design (compliance, security), Network Engineering (planning, provision)
- Knowledge of one specific infrastructure technology and basic programming languages or database management systems (Java, PERL, Python)
- Intermediate understanding of line of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Knowledge of more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Ability to think creatively to deliver solutions through continuous improvement
- Prior experience in both Systems Engineering and Software Development
- 6+ years of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration / engineering experience with strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in software development and automation (Python, Ansible)
- Knowledge on Veritas/RHEL cluster, Block and object storage, Networking, Virtualization technologies (VMWare)
- Experience with Capacity management, Resiliency and Business Continuity Planning and execution
Experience with Infrastructure automation - Puppet, Ansible
Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
- Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization, cloud)
- Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
- Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
- Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
- Experience in Systems and Application monitoring systems and instrumentation
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans