General Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced Senior UI Engineer to join our growing team of technology experts. The successful candidate will be hands-on and responsible for establishing and leading a team of UI engineers in developing a best-in-class digital products and cultivating innovation The hire will be responsible for thought leadership on design, development, implementation, and support of high performance React-based applications. The Lead UI Engineer will work with UI/UX designers, UI engineers/consultants, Core engineers, QA, DevOps, and Security in a collaborative environment to ensure delivery of quality and secure solutions. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and developing solutions for our next generation of products and data initiatives. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience in UI engineering and lead role and have attained certifications in React and UI development.
- Crafting a High Performance React based application
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Product Managers, Database Engineers, API and Microservices Engineers, QA, and DevOps
- Work closely with the UX/UI Designers to create high-quality, innovative, and intuitive user experiences
- Set standards for all CSS and JS development. This includes how code is re-used and shared, how code is loaded on each page, and how the repo is defined for the code.
- Define framework for a responsive website that integrates with AEM templates, publishing, and SPA applications.
- Plan and accommodate all mediums, screen sizes and device types
- Adoption of Progressive Web Apps, Native apps mobile development would be plus but not necessary
- Participation in Agile Development Process and all SDLC layers
- Analysis, Estimation, Coding, Implementation
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting the fixes of the existing application.
- Develop and enforce standards and best practices including performance, security, monitoring policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Skills, Knowledge, Abilities):
- 3+ years React, Redux and hooks development
- Extensive experience building component libraries
- Experience with git, continuous integration, and deployment tools
- Good sense of usability and design in consumer applications
- Expert level coding skills with modern web development frameworks, toolsets, and development methodology, including but not limited to
- Node, CSS/Sass/Less
- State management with Redux/MobX
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page-updates, and AJAX
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with excellent professional attitude.
- Strong customer service skills and passion to work through obstacles to produce results.
- Able to work in a projects-based, team environment.
- Proficient in multi-tasking and managing multiple projects, able to meet target completion dates.
- Able to be flexible and adapt to change.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- The auditory/hearing abilities required by the job include the ability to hear others using a phone or online conferencing system.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit for prolonged periods.
- This individual must be a responsible person and regular attendance is required.
WPS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
WPS will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, WPS is unable to provide visa sponsorship.