Job Summary: We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering team and help build software solutions to enhance our CNC machinery and related products. The ideal candidate is a hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms as well as discrete software solutions. We’re looking for someone with experience in business intelligence, analytics, data science and data products. They must be at ease working in an agile environment with little supervision and be self motivated to learn new techniques and skills. This person should embody a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Develop software to support CNC machinery's core and ancillary functions
- Review, consult, and write code designed to run on fixed resource platforms such as the HMI of the CNC
- Review, consult, and write code designed to run on other platforms such as Web, Windows, and/or mobile devices
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Use of Git repos for maintaining software changes and current states
- Good documentation habits to make code readable for fellow developers and maintaining basics of user guides
- Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites to minimize code bugs
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
*Skills and Qualifications:
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Hands-on experience working with PLC logic and CNC machinery a plus
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- We’re looking for someone with 5+ years of experience and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Experience with the C# and WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) for building Windows based applications
- Experience with the use of XML and JSON for data interchange between applications
- Experience with repositories like GitHub
- Experience with Windows Networking
- Experience with C++, VB.NET, Python, Firebase, MongoDB, Devexpress, and/or the Google Cloud Platform a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Troutman, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- C#: 7 years (Preferred)
- Windows Presentation Framework: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location