Who We Are:
Vista is the industry leader in personalized physical and digital products. We empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression – and we’re fueled by forward-thinking and innovative technology. We encourage our engineers to think like owners – to continue to act small as we grow. Every team builds their own roadmaps, and chooses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level, while still feeling small and nimble.
Just last year, Vista generated $1.508B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, websites and more.
In the Merchandise Technology team we build the technology that runs the storefront of the VistaPrint website. We empower content authors to deliver content driven marketing experiences using technologies such as React, GatsbyJS, Next.js, Contentful, and Builder.io. Each team has the autonomy to choose the technology that best solves their problem.
We make decisions driven by data. We listen to what our customers are telling us and act accordingly. Each team works closely with the product organization to build out a roadmap that balances technology maintenance, innovation, and delivering incremental value.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a small team of engineers, and help decompose solutions into incremental tasks and deliverables while mentoring junior team members towards success and foster the engineering principles we stand for.
- Help guide a passionate and engaging engineering team to build the new Vista platform. Help us set the new standard in how eCommerce sites are run.
- Design and build an industry leading new platform at the forefront of eCommerce website development.
- Participate in multi-functional discussions with team members, product owners, and business partners.
- Grow your skills every day by working on challenging problems with talented engineers, and champion best practices to help grow others.
- Drive code reviews ensuring we write clean code, use test driven development best practices, and make solid design decisions.
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure we’re solving the right problems.
At Vista, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- Understanding of object oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Applicable experience from projects/internships/co-ops as a software developer in a technical environment.
- Deep understanding of JAMstack, microservices and micro frontends.
- Experience consuming GraphQL APIs.
- Excellent collaboration and the desire to work with a cross-cultural team.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience working with continuous delivery pipelines.
- Experience crafting automated tests for your own code
- Experience working with micro services and micro front-end architecture.
- Experience working with AWS, specifically; Lambda, DynamoDB, ECS, ELB, API Gateway
Why You'll Love Working Here:
Being at Vista means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey – and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
Vista has received numerous recognitions including a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) naming us a Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality. We also earned a place as one of the best remote-first workplaces in the U.S. and on the Boston Best Places to Work list from Built In. In addition, Vista’s CEO, Robert Keane, was recently honored with Comparably’s Best CEOs award, listing him among the top CEOs according to employees. Vista offers numerous support systems including Employee Resource Groups like Pride, Mosaic, and Women in Technology, and special interests communities to foster awareness, respect, and inclusion within the workplace.
In 2020, Vista adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Vista also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vista creates customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We are the marketing partner to millions of small businesses around the world. For more than 20 years, we have helped small businesses look and feel credible through high-quality marketing products and solutions that include signage, logo apparel, promotional products, face masks, flyers, postcards, business cards, websites and digital marketing. With Vista, small businesses are able to create and customize their marketing with easy-to-use digital tools and design-templates, or by receiving expert graphic design support. In 2020, Vista acquired 99designs to expand its design offering via a worldwide community of more than 150,000 talented designers to make it easy for designers and clients to work together to create designs they love. Vista is focused on making great marketing and design accessible to every small business owner, allowing them to create a cohesive brand image for use in-store, online and on-the-go.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Vista, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.