Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. Remote location: United States.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a technical, UX, or design setting, or related experience.
- Experience with development on mobile platforms.
- 7 years developing clean, valid, and compatible websites and applications.
- 5 years of experience in a Technical, UX, or Design setting, or related experience.
- 3 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python/PHP/Ruby, Flash/ActionScript, Objective-C, or Java.
About the job At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." Google’s UX Engineers are versatile and passionate about taking on new problems to drive progress and vision for design teams. They’re comfortable wearing many hats and get excited about working across discipline lines to develop products and prototypes that bring new ideas to life.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Engineer, you'll work as part of a UX team in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, analytical skills, and knowledge of user facing technologies to create prototypes that identify the best product experiences, launch innovative features, build tools that accelerate UX teams, bridge between design and engineering discussions, and enable efficient, high quality execution.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
(Colorado only*) Minimum full-time salary range between $152,000 - $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Serve as a mentor for junior UX engineers and peers.
- Assist front-end engineers with final development of Google products
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.