IT Field Tech LeadClassification: Non-ExemptReports to: IT Management JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary:
Seeking Point-of-Sale Computer Field Technicians. Candidates should be self-starters with good computer hardware and customer service skills. Individuals will help manage the team in the field. Assist with deployment projects and help cover districts when a field tech is not available. Will also be used to support processes and changes from management, for example helping with incident management, asset management and making sure stores issues re been addressed. This role would report directly to the IT Help Desk Manager. The goal is to create value for our customer that will help preserve Vallarta Supermarkets core values.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide support to the dedicated field technicians in their districts.
· Assist IT management team with keeping track of escalations.
· Perform follow up with external vendors.
· Perform audits of technician’s task, such as Preventative Maintenance, Spotskims, and Scale certifications.
· Creating new procedures for the equipment for the stores.
· PoS support – escalation / level 2 support
· Assist with asset management, making sure field technicians are following processes asset management tracking.
· ServiceNow tickets monitoring and auditing. Validating technicians are following established procedures.
· Help with new project implementations. New Equipment deployment, overnight projects management and attending project meetings.
· Completes quality assurance procedure and check the data for errors and inconsistencies.
· Weekend coverage support – expand field support coverage to the weekend.
· Help with user training and adoption for new application or new tools, such as: office365 changes, help users’ adoption to improve user experience with mobile device
· Liaison between vendors, IT team and business owners.
· Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
· Produce timely and detailed service reports.
· Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
· Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
· Build positive relationships with customers
· Troubleshoot issues with our Point-of-Sale applications (ACS, & Aloha)
· Candidates will also be responsible for maintaining a small inventory of IT equipment parts.
· Manage a multiple requests and situations at one time or simultaneously
· Ability to work in a fast paces retail environment.
· Scale calibration
Knowledge and Skills
· Ability to prioritize to either set the time to service the site or to call the help desk and walk them through the problem.
· Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service technical equipment.
· Able to communicate effectivity and provide technical information to IT team and management.
· Able to speak in non-technical terms with customers.
· Coordinates any issues or communications with the correct functionary or help desk or 3rd party vendors.
· Must be able to work flexible hours based on call volume in the area.
· Scale certification (We pay for certification)
· Networking experience including a demonstrated understanding of VPN, LAN, WAN, and wireless.
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Basic knowledge of VMware or Virtual Server environments
· Knowledge of POS equipment is a plus.
· Prioritize multiple competing projects and initiatives and focus resources in line with such priorities.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
· Demonstrate patience, flexibility, and positive attitude
· A+ certification preferredRequired Education and Experience
· High School Diploma
· 3 years of relevant work experience as a Field Technician
· Solid technical understanding of Windows operating system
· Previous retail experience a plus
· Supervisory experiencePhysical Demands
May also have to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time; Must lift to 60lbs by always utilizing “buddy-system” or tools to lift and carry the load.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Monday – Sunday, (flexible schedule) must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
Ability to travel (may be up to 30%), traveling between stores daily.
Candidate must have own transportation, valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance. Mileage reimbursement is included in the compensation package.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees may perform other duties as directed. All employees are expected to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company goals and objectives.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations