Armedia is a CMMI-DEV Level 3 appraised and ISO 9001:2015 certified systems integrator providing Business Process, Document, Enterprise Content, Electronic Case, and Records Management services and solutions to many federal agencies and corporations, ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Armedia has been ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing companies and we have been recognized as one of the 'Best and Brightest Companies to Work' for by the National Association for Business Resources. We value and promote diversity and we pride ourselves on fostering a culture inclusive of all identities.
The role of a Full Stack Software Developer involves working as part of a team on the design and implementation of Java or .NET based solutions using traditional SDLC, Agile, and or SCRUM software development methodologies. While working as part of a team, you will work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Senior Architects, Senior and Junior Java Developers.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support design and development of both scalable front and back-end technologies with proven experience in the design and implementation of highly responsive web applications.
- Determine the overall LOE for the project tasks to which you are assigned, and provide key input to the projected delivery schedule. You will review estimates proposed by Senior and Junior Developers and revise them as needed.
- Ensure the overall quality and fit of the technical solution in addition to the overall performance of the application stack for projects to which you are assigned. You will work with other Senior Developers and Developers to iterate on the quality and fit of the technical solution.
- Proactively create application architecture reference material and standards for internal use to help with the design and development of solutions.
- Contribute for the process improvements related to solution design and development as it pertains to build and test automation, release management, and coding best practices that cover quality and consistency.
You are expected to have deep knowledge and experience in the following areas, depending on your area of expertise:
- Java frameworks including JEE, Spring, Struts and persistence frameworks including Hibernate and MyBatis
- Java Application Servers including Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, and or Glassfish
- JDK Editions and versions including Oracle/Sun, IBM, and OpenJDK
- .NET framework and experience with other Microsoft Technologies, including IIS
- Other support languages: Python, Perl, PHP
- SQL development against Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL/MariaDB, DB2, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS
- JUnit, JMeter/JActor, Selenium, HP QualityCenter, and or other automated testing tools
- Web Services, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Application Security, Application Scaling and Clustering, and Performance Analysis and Tuning
- Angular, AngularJS, jQuery, Node.js, React or other Java scripting tool
- ASP.NET, C#
- Eclipse/STS, NetBeans, IntelliJ, or other popular Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Experience in developing and deploying on cloud based infrastructures, specifically AWS and Azure. Other cloud infrastructure experience may be acceptable
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field
Required Professional Certifications
Desired Professional Certifications
AWS related certifications
Specific Development Technology
Required Years of Relevant Experience
5-10 years of hands-on experience developing both front and back end solutions
Desired Years of Relevant Experience
5-10 years of hands-on experience developing in an team environment using Agile methodologies
- Deploying and working in the Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- GIT, CodeCommit, BitBucket, Azure DevOps or other code management framework to support Agile Scrum development
- Test Driven Development and Test Automation
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating solution Proofs Of Concept (POCs) as needed to confirm solution viability and or demonstrate high-level solution functionality
- Conceptualization of potential solutions - coupled with the ability to articulate through use of whiteboards and presentations during working sessions, this creates a strong impression with business representatives and internal delivery teams. Business users and IT representatives often quickly and preferably in real time want solution outlines so that they can visualize it and quickly settle on an approach
- Team Leadership - comprises the ability to effectively provide technical direction to client representatives and assigned project delivery team(s), in addition to mentoring and providing development direction to project development track leads and developers
Authorization to work in the US
Speaks clearly with confidence
Excellent written communication
Armedia offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, discounted disability insurance, a 401k retirement plan with company match, generous PTO, and paid holidays.
Armedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.