Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Balfour Beatty in Washington, DC is seeking an Assistant Project Manager with Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience to join our team. The Assistant Project Manager assists the Project Manager in managing all administrative and technical requirements for construction projects. Assists in all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, sustainable, and timely manner. Maintain constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations by supporting the Project Manager in all aspects of assigned projects. 30 hours of OSHA training once every four years.
- BIM and Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Coordination of Drawings and Specifications with Trades
- Prepare RFI and Submittals
- Prepare Procurement Log to manage and schedule long lead items
- Coordinate meetings with Trades, Clients, Governing Agencies and Inspectors
- Manage Trade and Owner Change Orders
- Assemble As-Built Documents
- Schedule work as necessary to meet schedule
- Manage costs for varying scopes of work
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience required
- At least 5 years of previous construction office or field commercial experience in a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager role
- 1-year or more of direct supervisory experience
- Experience with project manager software (Constructware, P6, Timberline, etc.)
- Experience with cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports
- Experience with JD Edwards or similar construction application(s)
- Local candidate preferred, but not required.
- College education in Construction Management/Engineering
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.