S2 eliminates risks of separate red- and blue-teams by creating continuously optimized cybersecurity for the modern, constant-threat landscape. Our centralized adversary simulation, detection and response platform, Mage, uses advanced tradecraft to provide continuous red team-as-a-service. With Mage, we find weaknesses before adversaries do, so that every threat is an opportunity for improvement. Deployed as-a-service, S2 makes advanced real-time cybersecurity accessible for all organizations. With smart automation and continuous testing, we help you focus on the most imminent and most critical risks to your enterprise.
S2 is a Small Business that is focused solely on cybersecurity and specializes in Adversary Simulation, Protection and Prevention services. We were founded by cybersecurity experts trained by the National Security Agency (NSA) who were joined by senior cybersecurity entrepreneurs with proven expertise within the Federal Government. We are a growing community of cyber professionals seeking like-minded individuals who are passionate about cybersecurity, seek innovation in our everyday work, hold ourselves and those around us accountable, and have a will to win.
S2. Relentlessly secure.
Stage 2 Security (S2)
is seeking an experienced Cyber Security Engineer
with a background in supporting large enterprise and/or Federal customers, with a focus on vulnerability tool administration. This individual will lead the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) task and will support any maintenance, operational monitoring, and patching of the enterprise vulnerability management tools. They will also be the primary administrator and operator of all VM tools and will execute the procedure for recording and tracking operational support requests. This individual will, likewise, provide support for running scans and input regarding vulnerability scan data, as required.
- Provide tool administration, operation, and maintenance.
- Monitor tool operational performance and resolve performance issues.
- Develop and maintain a master vulnerability scan schedule.
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc scans following the procedures outlined in the approved SOP.
- Manage scan data (i.e. collection, distribution to stakeholders, data quality, reporting).
- Reports development, generation, and distribution (standard and on-demand).
- Analyze scan results and coordinate with other stakeholders to assist in the identification of
- Ensure tools are properly implemented and configured and can successfully perform
configuration and vulnerability scans.
- Document requests, total number of requests, type of requests and monitor and track requests
- Support the implementation of security tools.
- Supports transition out functions as required.
- Experience with the administration of vulnerability tools such as Tenable Nessus, Trustwave
DbProtect and/or Fortify WebInspect.
- Experience with operational monitoring, maintenance, configuration, installation and
patching of vulnerability management systems.
- Experience performing scheduled scans, record and track support requests against SLAs.
- Experience performing analysis of vulnerability scan data.
- Experience with FISMA and NIST 800 series security standards.
- Experience with vulnerability exploitation ratings.
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python, PHP, Bash, etc.).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience collaborating with various levels of leadership, engineers and functional teams.
No third-party candidates will be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering Information Technology, or related field.
- 5 or more years working in IT, with 3 or more years working in IT security.
- Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Experience in IT systems engineering.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust BI.
- The candidate must live in the DC Metro Area
S2 is a small business where people come first, and we know and care about each and every employee. This drives us to provide the best possible benefits and we believe that the benefits we offer are a notch above the rest.
The Benefits at S2 include:
- Medical & dental insurance premiums are 100% paid by S2 for the employee and eligible dependents
- Up to $100 per month reimbursed for mobile phone expenses
- Up to $50 per month reimbursed for home Internet access
- Expenses paid for approved work-related trainings & conferences
- Eligibility to participate in our 401k program after 90 days of employment
- Competitive salary, which is paid semi-weekly (twice per month)
- Participation in S2 Unlimited PTO Program
- 10 paid government holidays annually
- 10 paid sick days
Stage 2 Security welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace
regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
If you are looking to make an impact, Stage 2 Security is the place for you.