Who we are:
division of AAMC is a vibrant community of people who are excited about making a positive impact in the world of health care. The AAMC is dedicated to improving the health of the nation by supporting the entire spectrum of education, research, and patient care activities conducted by our member institutions. Our work in technology
assists medical students, teaching institutions, hospitals and doctors to strengthen medical care and improve the health of all.
Significant employer 403(b) contribution
Public transportation subsidy
Generous paid time off program
program that includes: discounted gym membership, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams
Why us, why now
AAMC (Association of American Medical Colleges) is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care through innovative
medical education, cutting-edge patient care, and groundbreaking medical research. AAMC IT is beginning a multi-year modernization of its large product
portfolio into an API based digital platform on Amazon
Web Services (AWS
). AAMC IT strives to deliver innovative
solutions and superb service that enable amazing end user experiences, impactful strategies, and new insights for the AAMC community and staff.
How you will make an impact
The Lead Software Engineer
will collaborate with business
and IT colleagues to assess needs, document requirements, analyze solutions, create prototypes, and work with quality assurance
team members to ensure the proposed solution meets functional and performance requirements. They will also be responsible for mentoring IT team members so there is a balance between enabling junior developers to grow in their areas of responsibility and providing technical oversight for development activities and project deliverables. The Lead Software Engineer
will also be responsible for implementing and scaling our tools and frameworks to increase developer
- 8+ years of development experience
- Development of AWS solutions following principles of the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Experience developing enterprise level, multi-tiered applications
- Experience with service-oriented architecture development and implementation
- Strong knowledge of database design and data modeling principles
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Experience implementing solutions that improves overall software developer productivity
Required Skills and Qualification:
- Expert knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL, Junit, Mockito
- Strong understanding of Messaging services, AMQ, SQS and SNS
- Expert Knowledge of JSON RESTful web service development
- Expert knowledge with Amazon Web Services, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Aurora Postgres, RDS, and EC2
- Expert Knowledge of DevSecOps in Cloud environments with Bamboo, Bitbucket pipelines and JFrog
- IaC using CDK (preferred) or similar experience with other frameworks
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, containerization and Microservices.
- Passion for solving software engineering challenges and a deep empathy for other developers
- Strong teambuilding skills with prior team lead experience
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude with great teamwork and interpersonal skills, reflecting the ability to interact with cross department groups
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems using an analytical approach; decisive, fast moving; quick and constructive resolutions of conflicts; and a can-do mentality
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with internal business partners
Desired Experience :
- TypeScript, Angular 8 and above
- Reactive Programming (NgRx, RxJS), HTML/CSS/SASS
- Experience working with any CI/CD tools
- Understanding of Web Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
Remote Work Eligibility
This position is eligible for remote work in the continental US
If a bachelor’s degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military
service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
The AAMC is committed to providing and maintaining a safe work environment for all, taking measures to secure workforce continuity, and promoting the health and wellbeing of our members, stakeholders, and our communities at large. Therefore, the AAMC requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
. Employees will be required to show proof they are fully vaccinated. Only vaccines that have been approved or granted Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA, or listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO) will be accepted. More information on acceptable vaccines can be found
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.